Congregation Shaarey Zedek is the oldest Orthodox Synagogue in Windsor. Originally founded in 1893, it began as a group of people meeting in private houses. Since then, two locations have served as the synagogue building.
Read the history of our synagogue in words and photos.
Receiving the sefer torah
In November, 1961, the Dzodin family graciously donated a new Sefer Torah to our synagogue. Such an occasion was cause for celebration, and there was dancing in the streets and within the synagogue itself. Milt Dzodin, grandson of Leizer, is still a member of the congregation, and serves on the Board of Directors. He has graciously donated some rare photographs of the occasion for inclusion on this website.